Monday 16 November 2009

If only we could all be Martin Sheen

"If you're going through Hell, keep going!" said Churchill, probably on a day similar to today with the rain and the coldness biting his nips. And he was right, who'd want to visit Hell? However if you're going through Hull, it's alright to stop off at Princes Quay.

Good afternoon!

It has been a slow day, week and month, filled with more twists and turns then the plot of Midsummer Murders, but I cannot complain, as in this time I have had chance to master my technique of making Chai Tea Lattes. However I can never make them as good at they do at Sun Cafe. Never will, they've got powers beyond me. It's small things like this that make me miss Hull, things like the Adelphi Club and McCoys, and now I find myself in a city where I know no such spots and do not have the financial stability to go out every Monday with Tim Lee to drink and guitar it up in front of an unwitting audience.

Hull probably doesn't miss me, I kept kicking it.

I was thinking the other day about motto's after a bizarre job application required me to ask the question what is my motto and why? I'd really never paid any attention to this idea of my life having a phrase which restricts my actions, and I spent the week walking around dwelling on how I could have a motto for my life. I asked my dad, but his didn't seem to capture what I wanted. Apparently the Donnelly family motto is 'keep quiet and carry a big stick'. It was later on when I was sat in Red Chili when I thought of rules that I've held all my life.

'Always eat all the meat and never leave a pint'.



Scary face.

And finally I was wandering towards my weekly visit to Wasim, when I noticed a usual shitty nightclub poster covered in girls in bikinis. The tagline was 'let's get bungalowed'. We need to stop nouns becoming verbs and adjectives needlessly.

Love Dougal

XxxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't know why you are commenting or viewing the blog. But thank you regardless.

:D