Saturday 12 June 2010

The mundane constant



Sat at flat, it's been about a billion years since I've posted a response. But alas I feel an imperative to do so due to having the free time, I've spent the last 6 months in a self replicating cycle of actioning bank shit and sleep. This circular lifestyle has altered time, and now I feel the world is shuttling faster than ever and I shall be 60 before I know it.

Bullshit aside.

But yes I feel like the last 6 months of working have gone faster than say, any half a year on record. Which leads me to believe that there is either a government conspiracy to speed up the time of day, say what was once 24 hours is now, 2 days, and each day is now 12 hours. Maybe I'm just getting old and notice things less, the pent up commuter inside of me is taking over while I shuffle to my mundane location of work and chow down my side portion of metro while looking at numbers on a computer screen. That must be it, I've turned into the person who gets on with his life rather than arguing with the existance of trees or anything else for that matter. Three years of philosophy at university is the equivalent of a brief spell of a psychiatric problem, but rather then attempt a cure, they just cut your head open and poke some more grey matter. And you pay for the priviledge. So am I blaming 3 years in philosophy for my speeded up perception of time?

Yes.

Problem is you eventually have to come back to Earth, after spending 3 years saying how can we never know anything, value is relative, and we can never know there is cake on the table, you're demanded to live in the world you've just picked apart, like trying to wear a jumper that you've just unraveled for the hell of it. So now going into the 'real' world riding on your highhorse fed on meta-ethics and empiricism, a man will approach, shake his head at you and send the horse off the the glue factory. And you get employed as a cog changer in the same factory. Just for the sake of irony. So yes, having to live in a world which you forgot existing about 3 years ago causes the simple solution/problem posing as a solution that we turn ourselves off in order to cope with the mundane constant work.

Don't ask questions, forget the anarchist dreams, and just get on with it, because we've released how much effort it is to live, and costly.

Don't forget costly.

So here's my pact, I'm going to earn enough money to get by, and then on my 30th I'm going to establish myself as an arachist leader. See how far that gets me.



Don't forget plans children. If you're not working towards something, then something is very wrong.

Dougalx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't know why you are commenting or viewing the blog. But thank you regardless.

:D